Ten storey tower at 22-44 London Lane E8 3PR
Details provided by No Hackney High Rise: A NEW planning application has been submitted for a 10 storey tower within the Mare St. Conservation Area which you can view here(London Borough of Hackney website – planning application number 2011/3354 registered 31/1/12)No Hackney High-rise are opposed to the proposed tower because it:
- does not preserve or enhance the character or appearance of Mare St. Conservation area in which it is sited.
- provides the bare minimum quantity of social and affordable housing.
- will dominate the surrounding terraced streets and view from the park.
- is still too dense adversely affecting the quality of life for those who live within and surrounding it.
- provides unsuitable amenity space for young families.
- provides yet another gated community that has no connection with neighbouring streets.
- will increase pressure on already stretched services and amenities.
- provides insufficient on-site parking for disabled people and no parking for occupants.
- falls outside Hackney’s designated tall building Zone and is contrary to policies set out in the UDP Core Strategy and replacement London Plan.
- overshadows and reduces light levels in the remainder or the development and surrounding streets.
- replaces invaluable B1(c) workspace with B1 office space – pushing light industrial workshops out of the heart of Hackney.
Despite objection from Hackney Council to the previous application SHG has only made minor changes to the scheme and the adverse impact for the community has not been addressed. Our planning consultant is reviewing the application documents and we will forward her conclusions to you early next week. You can wait to see her report before commenting – all comments must be submitted by the 20th February You can comment direct to Hackney by email here or write with your comments to:Graham Callam Planning Officer Planning and Regulatory Services London Borough of Hackney 2 Hillman Street London E8 1FB”