Rivington Street Pedestrianisation proposal
There is a consultation out about turing Rivington St into a pedestrianised zone, the proposal is to:
• Introduce ‘Pedestrian Zone’
• Install ‘Pedestrian Zone’ signs
• Install CCTV
• In operation 24/7
• Access for loading 6am-6pm
• Access for taxis at all times
• Loading and taxis remain one way
• special dispensation for residents/businesses
two way access for cyclists.
And ends on 25th April.
I’m assuming the taxis at all times is to cater the customers of the businesses there. I wonder how much additional traffic there currently is aside from taxis.
Personally I use the street to cut out the horrible junction on old street when I’m on my scooter, but I can understand why there is a move to do it.