Pelvic floor strengthening
New course (for women-only) starting immediately after Easter – Sundays 1 pm – 2 pm – commencing 7 April and ending 19 May (no class on 12 May)Join the FooFoo FunClub to release tension throughout your body, move freely, rediscover and strengthen your core and pelvic floor.In this 6 week course, you will learn extremely effective exercises that simply combine breathing with movement to work your core and pelvic floor in a fun, safe and functional way.Yes – you’re just 6 weeks away from a stronger back, a better-looking belly and of course a stronger and better-functioning pelvic floor (just like it used to be!)No crunches, no kegels. More laughs, less leaks.This class is for you if you are
- Expecting a baby – if you are having a normal, not-at-risk pregnancy, with no symphysis pubis dysfunction or pelvic pain and want to start a simple, regular routine to support your pelvic floor and core as your baby grows.
- Recently had your baby – you can start this pelvic floor work as soon as you are strong enough to move and have been given the ok to exercise – which could be as soon as you’ve had your six week post-natal check. If you’ve had a C-section, you should wait until your wound has thoroughly healed and you feel no discomfort or pain when sitting and standing upright.
- Not-so-recently post-natal – even if your “baby” is now a teenager! – it’s never too late to get a better functioning pelvic floor and core. As we age, sometimes the weakness created in the pelvis by a pregnancy many years ago can become evident, so NOW is always a good time to start.
- Recovering from a hysterectomy or another gynaecological operation and been told to exercise your pelvic floor.
- Approaching or in the midst of menopause – as changes in hormonal balance affect the pelvic floor muscles, exercise can help you maintain your pelvic floor function
Please note: places are limited and all participants will have a 1-1 consultation (either in person or over the telephone) in advance of the course start date. Please therefore register your interest at least 3 days before the start date. PriceSPECIAL LAUNCH PRICE – £20 off – now just £75 includes
- Pre-course consultation (either in person or via telephone)
- All 6 x 1 hour classes
- Weekly check-ins, reminders and support
- Educational booklet and DVD of the 3 “homework” exercises
- Your own FooFoo ball, band and clip (worth £35) so you can do your “homework” – just 10 minutes a day
- Optimum nutrition plan, recipes and activity guide
- Online newsletter and lifetime membership of the private FooFoo Funbox Facebook community – a totally private group where you can access useful information and share your concerns and successes with other women and medical and health specialists