FuckYeah Hackney is all about making connections in your local area. This quick guide will show you how to make make friends with others on the site.
- An overview of the members page
- Accepting friend requests
- Sending private messages to friends
- Viewing your friends profile page
- To see who is on FuckYeah Hackney go to the members tab
- From here you can choose to see all members or just your friends
- You can also search members or filter by: newly registered, Last active or alphabetically
- You can easily add friends or Cancel friendship from this screen without
When you add a friend or someone adds you, you will get an email from the site, something that looks a bit like this:
You will also see a notification on the admin bar when you log in:
Clicking on the link will take you to the Requests page, where you can “Accept” or “Reject” the request.
You can send anyone a public message, but you can also send your friends a private message, which will appear in their email inbox. They will also see a notification in the admin bar, much like the one for friend requests.
1) You can send messages either from the admin bar or from your profile page
2) Choose: Inbox, Sent messages or Compose
3) You can also send private messages directly from your friends’ profile pages.
You must make friends with someone before you can send them a private message.
You can also do lots of things directly from your friends profile page
- Another way of adding/removing a friend
- Mentioning a user
- Send a private message